Finish your next dinner on a divinely decadent note with these zesty cheesecakes for four
3 Tbsp water
2¼ tsp powdered gelatine
60g extra-light cream cheese
60g light cream cheese
130g (½ cup) low-fat plain yoghurt
60g (¼ cup) caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Zest of ½ lemon
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 eggwhite, at room temperature
120g (¾ cup) frozen blueberries, thawed, juices reserved
Fresh blueberries, to serve (optional)
Extra lemon zest, to serve (optional)
Put 2 Tbsp of the water in a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle over 2 tsp of the gelatine. Stir well. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow gelatine to absorb water. Transfer to microwave and cook on high/100% for 20 seconds or until gelatine dissolves. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, line the bases of 4 x 250ml (1 cup) metal moulds or ramekins with rounds of baking paper. Using electric beaters, whisk cream cheeses, yoghurt, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in lemon zest and juice.
3. Using clean electric beaters, whisk eggwhite in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Add to cream cheese mixture and fold in until just combined. Divide mixture between prepared moulds. Refrigerate while preparing the blueberry puree.
4. Put blueberries in a small food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Push blueberries through a fine sieve, discarding solids. Put remaining water in a small heatproof bowl. Sprinkle over remaining gelatine. Stir well. Set aside for 5 minutes. Transfer to microwave and cook on high/100% for 10-20 seconds or until gelatine dissolves. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Stir into blueberry puree.
5. Divide blueberry mixture between moulds. Using the back of a spoon or a skewer, swirl puree through cheesecake mixture. Transfer to a tray and refrigerate for 6 hours or until set.
6. To serve, run a warm cloth around the sides of 1 mould. Use a knife to loosen cheesecake. Turn cheesecake out onto a plate and then carefully turn back the right way onto a serving plate. Repeat with remaining cheesecakes. Top with fresh blueberries and extra lemon zest, if using. Serve.
Nutrition Info Per Serve 664kJ, protein 8g, total fat 4.6g (sat. fat 2.9g), carbs 21g, fibre 1g, sodium 302mg. • Carb exchanges 1 1⁄3. • GI estimate medium. • Gluten free.