1 tsp olive oil
150g extra-lean beef mince
2 tsp garam masala
2 carrots, peeled, finely grated
150g Carisma potatoes, peeled, finely chopped
1 tsp Massel Salt Reduced Chicken Style Stock Powder
185ml (¾ cup) water
2 Tbsp currants
50g (2 cups) baby spinach leaves, shredded
2 sheets frozen 25% reduced-fat puff pastry or gluten-free puff pastry, thawed
Olive oil cooking spray
70g (1⁄3 cup) low-fat Greek-style plain yoghurt
2 Tbsp very finely chopped mint
Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Heat oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Add mince and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until mince changes colour. Add garam masala. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
2. Add carrot, potato, stock powder and water to pan. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove lid and stir in currants.
3. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until potato is very tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove pan from heat and stir in spinach. Transfer mixture to a shallow dish and set aside for 1 hour or until cooled completely.
4. Preheat oven to 190°C (fan-forced). Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Cut each pastry sheet into 6 rectangular pieces. Spoon filling along centre of 1 piece.
5. Brush edges with a little water. Fold over 1 long end to enclose filling, pinching edges to seal. Repeat with remaining pieces. Arrange on prepared trays and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden.
6. Combine yoghurt, mint and lemon juice in a small bowl. Serve with fingers.
Nutrition Info Per Serve 1254kJ, protein 11g, total fat 12.6g (sat. fat 5.1g), carbs 34g, fibre 4g, sodium 319mg, Carb exchanges 3 1⁄3, GI estimate medium.