1 pizza base or gluten-free pizza base
20g slice wholegrain sourdough bread or gluten-free bread, processed into crumbs
1 tsp olive oil
100g extra-lean beef mince
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
185ml (¾ cup) Passata
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
70g kale, thick stem removed, shredded
2 tsp pine nuts
2 Tbsp reduced-fat grated cheese
10g finely grated parmesan
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
50g (2 cups) mixed salad leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 210°C (fan-forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Put pizza base on prepared tray. Spread breadcrumbs over a second oven tray. Bake pizza base and breadcrumbs for 5-6 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add mince, coriander and cumin. Cook, stirring often, for 1-2 minutes or until mince just browns.
4. Add passata and cherry tomato. Simmer for 4 minutes. Add kale and cook, stirring often, for 1-2 minutes or until kale just begins to wilt.
5. Spread mince mixture over pizza base. Sprinkle over pine nuts and cheeses. Bake pizza for 8-10 minutes or until base is crisp and lightly browned.
6. Put the toasted breadcrumbs and lemon zest in a small bowl and toss to combine. Sprinkle over pizza. Cut pizza into pieces and serve with salad leaves.
Nutrition Info PER Serve: 1610kJ, protein 25g, total fat 14g (sat. fat 5g), carbs 37g, fibre 5g, sodium 445mg. • Carb exchanges 2½. • GI estimate low. • Gluten-free option.