Lamb, goat’s cheese and beetroot make for a seriously filling dinner for 2.
2 tsp Salt Reduced Vegetable Stock
625ml (2½ cups) boiling water
1½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 leek, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
2 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked
100g (½ cup) Low GI White Rice
200g lamb fillet, trimmed of fat
125g Baby Beetroot, finely chopped
50g (2 cups) rocket leaves
40g goat’s cheese
Freshly ground black pepper, to serve
Balsamic glaze, to serve
Bring stock powder and water to a simmer in a small saucepan. Turn off heat and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add leek, garlic and half the rosemary. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low, add 2 Tbsp of the hot stock, cover and cook for 6-7 minutes or until leek is very soft. Increase heat to high and add rice. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
4. Return stock to a simmer over a low heat. Add a ladleful (about 125ml/½ cup) of hot stock to rice and cook, stirring often, until the liquid is completely absorbed.
5. Continue to add stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring often and allowing the liquid to absorb before adding more, until rice is tender yet firm to the bite.
6. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a small non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add lamb and reduce heat to medium. Cook, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and set aside to rest.
7. Remove rice from heat. Add beetroot and rocket, and stir until leaves begin to wilt. Stir in goat’s cheese. Divide risotto between shallow serving bowls.
8. Diagonally slice lamb and arrange on top of risotto. Sprinkle over remaining rosemary and pepper. Drizzle over balsamic glaze and serve.
Nutrition Info Per Serve: 1924kJ, protein 32g, total fat 12.8g (sat. fat 4.8g), carbs 50g, fibre 8g, sodium 222mg. Carb exchanges 3 1⁄3. GI estimate low. Gluten free.