Switching salmon for pork or chicken makes this a healthy – and wallet-friendly – winner!
85g (1⁄3 cup) Low GI White Rice
1 tsp olive oil
1 carrot, coarsely grated
1 zucchini, coarsely grated
1 celery stick, finely chopped
1 corncob, kernels removed
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce or gluten-free soy sauce
210g can no-added-salt red salmon, drained, skin removed, flaked
Freshly ground black pepper, to season
4 iceberg lettuce leaves
Cook rice in a small saucepan of boiling water following pack instructions for 10-12 minutes or until just tender. Drain well. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat.
3. Add carrot, zucchini, celery, corn and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
4. Add lemon juice and soy sauce. Toss to combine. Set aside.
5. Put rice and vegetable mixture in a large bowl. Add salmon. Season with pepper and toss to combine.
6. Divide the lettuce leaves between serving plates and fill with rice and vegetable mixture. Serve.
Nutrition Info PER SERVE: 1862kJ, protein 26.2g, total fat 13.8g (sat. fat 3.2g), carbs 50g, fibre 6.5g, sodium 409mg. Carb exchanges 3 1⁄3. GI estimate low. Gluten-free option.