Sweet, smoky and sensational!
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground harissa
1kg orange sweet potato, peeled, chopped
1 Massel Ultracube Salt Reduced Vegetable Stock Cube
1.5L (6 cups) boiling water
Olive oil cooking spray
20g thinly sliced prosciutto
40g (1⁄3 cup) The Happy Snack Company Crunchy Roasted Chic Peas
Freshly ground black pepper, to serve
Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until onion softens.
2. Add paprika and harissa and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add sweet potato and stir to combine. Add combined stock cube and water.
3. Cover and bring to a simmer over a high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until sweet potato is very tender.
4. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor or blender. Cover and process (in batches, if necessary) until smooth. Return to pan. Cook, stirring, over a low heat until heated through.
5. Meanwhile, preheat a grill on medium. Line an oven tray with foil. Spray prosciutto with cooking spray and arrange on prepared tray. Transfer to grill and cook for 4-5 minutes or until prosciutto starts to darken and crisp. Set aside to cool. Break into pieces.
6. Divide soup between bowls. Top with prosciutto and chickpeas, sprinkle with pepper and serve.
COOK’S TIP: You can freeze individual portions, without the prosciutto and chickpeas, in small airtight containers for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Info PER SERVE: 1231kJ, protein 9g, total fat 8.9g (sat. fat 1.6g), carbs 40g, fibre 10g, sodium 634mg. • Carb exchanges 2 2⁄3. • GI estimate low. • Gluten free.